Friday, September 4, 2009

starting out

Monday I head back to Bethesda. They will be doing another CT scan to see if they can figure out what is wrong with my liver, or at the very least what is causing it. What we know now is very little. The portal vein is blocked which keeps the blood from freely circulating through the liver. It is either caused from a trauma (the doctors call it an "embarrassment"), or the drug (MEDI 546) or from tumor growth. Any way you look at it, it is not good.

However, I don't know how "not good" it is nor do I know if they can do anything about it. I have a hunch I am not ok, but it is very unsettling to not know how sick I am. My back hurts. Sometimes it hurts a lot, I feel more fatigue. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty healthy.

This will need to do as a first start. I'm tired. Hoping for a fun day tomorrow, so much rest now.

love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment