Explanation on new trial:
In normal cells PARP help repair DNA damage so that cells can divide. Parp inhibitors keep the cells from repairing themselves and therefore not dividing. PARP inhibitors in combination w/a chemo drug SHOULD damage cancer cells and prevent repair of that damage....in theory...
I start my PARP inhibitor tonight. Chemo tomorrow.
Results from my last scan came in today. Not pleasant. Dozens of bilateral lung masses up to 1 cm in size, increasing since scan on 9-6. (I am quoting the "dozens") How did "some dark spots that are so small we can't even tell if they are cancer" turn into dozens??? Small amount of fluid in my right lung and "moderately" increasing mass in my liver. Moderately? What does that mean?? I am left with more questions than when I started. How can all that be happening in my body and yet I feel so good? If this trial doesn't work, how fast will my dozens turn into 100's?
I spoke with a nurse today who informed me one of the medicines I have been on for several years is a diuretic and most people take it in the morning not the evening. Now don't you think that is information someone should have thought of telling me earlier?? Ya think that might be why I sleep so poorly and get up several times???
I can see from this post that I am just flat out cranky. Hard to be optimistic tonight. Tomorrow will most likely be better.
Love,
Nanc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Nancy,
ReplyDeleteThis blog is a great tool! Hope you can post more becuasue it hasn't kept me from missing those mischievious eyes, beautiful smile and hearing your expressive voice.
This is way more than any of us ever wanted to know
ReplyDeleteabout PARP huh? IT is definately the hard way to learn Anatomy and Chemistry, but good information, Nanc.I have faith in you; hope in finding something that works well to arrest those tumors; and am sure we are all thinking "shrink, go away, get out"! So happy to have my computer back so I can add my comments~~ love, thanks for a great Kayak day! jp/Dict.