October 4, 2009
Sunday
I am still in the hospital in Bethesda Maryland. I have been here since trying to leave home on the 1st. Seems the anti-nausea meds they gave me weren’t quite strong enough. I ended up in the Regean Airport violently nauseated. They sent a taxi for me and admitted me to the hospital here in Bethesda. After 4 long days, I think I am getting out of here tomorrow.
I told Dennis I didn’t know when in my life I had ever been that sick. He let me know he has heard me say that before! At any rate, it hasn’t been the most fun I have ever had. It is getting better, however. I am in a private room because I have a fever and they thought I might have a respiratory infection. I’m in isolation. I’m sure my nurses are really cute ladies, most of them have been young, but I haven’t seen their faces. I can attest to the fact that they are all really, really kind and nice. I have been trying to “walk the atrium” every few hours. I put on my hospital robe (with the matching hospital jammies, if you can imaging) Grab my I-pod and head for “the track”. A full 10 laps takes about 25-30 minutes. The building has 2 13 story towers, joined in the middle by a 7 story atrium. The first few laps it really was prettier than it is now. The 7th floor holds among other things a chapel and a library. The library is closed of course, but there is a great section of “honesty” books out front. ( you know, leave one, take one) I have been using it quite a bit.
Dropped by the chapel. Wondered if it was anymore spiritual than any other place for me. Perhaps not more spiritual, but certainly a place for some quiet meditation. Gave thanks for all that I have, for my beautiful life, my magnificent children, my incredible friends. Have thought much about Wendy these past days. Things I would do so differently now, some lapses in good judgement when I had no idea what it was like for her. My mother died when I was 5. I have always believed someday, somehow I would meet up with her. I wondered in the chapel if she would be there to meet me, then I thought most likely Wendy would be, and I hoped she still wasn’t mad!!
I will be glad to be home. Babbling again, and won’t be able to post this until I have had time to think. I’ll try to keep it true to my thoughts and not edit too much.
Nancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment