Not just good news, great news. My "embarrassment" now called an "anomaly" is clearing itself. My CT and liver MRI show very little tumor growth AND if that is not enough, I have made the cut for the clinical trial I really wanted on when I first called Bethesda. I am off this trial, will start the new one in three weeks, provided my doctor at home thinks it is okay.
It is a little unsettling to not know what caused the problem, for me as well as the doctors here. I still have back pain, but it is manageable.
Thought for the week: Since my liver has been having problems, I have not been drinking AT ALL. I am part owner of a very expensive bottle of ice wine. A bottle that we have all put off opening because the occasion was never "special" enough. NOW it seems they will need to share it without me. Why do we do that? Why do we put things off, especially special things, because we think the current time is just not special enough? I'm not going to do that any more. Today is special enough for me to open that bottle of wine, wear that good shirt, take that time off, etc.
Hoping you don't delay either.
Love,
Nancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea - it will be nice to keep up on the blog, so we can talk about fun stuff when we see each other.
ReplyDeleteAnd WOOHOO on the good news!
-G
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!(on all fronts) Thank you for sharing your incredible wisdom and beautiful insights! Love you BIG! Renee
ReplyDeleteThanks Nanc-this works well. It will allow us to find more fun things to chat about --however don't get frustrated if we don't read your latest blog or we fall into the same trap of saying "how are you-really?"
ReplyDeleteI love you muchly and am sending you big hugs so big it squeezes the pain out of you into the universe to disapate!
J
Am I the only one who read this blog and cried for Pete's sake?! I love you, Maui. Im honored to know such an amazing and strong woman. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteDonut Head
Nancy—way to go , I am so happy because this is THE clinical trial of choice—way to go! And Dana, re:crying— am hiding the fact because I am such a wimp compared to the Great Nanc—this exquisite woman~~ ! Love Always, JP(and of course, the Dictator!)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Nanc, this is amazing and wonderful news. You are my hero and true inspiration. Just remember...........it's the same only different.
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Randi